SmallHD OS 4.6.1
Firmware update Best practices:
- SD card 2,4,8,16GB
- Backup Profile before update (recommended)
- Use AC power or fully Charged battery
- Note older version of firmware before update
- PageOS 4 is compatible with all current SmallHD monitors.
- PageOS 4 is not compatible with legacy monitors (DP1, DP6, DP4, AC7, and DP7-PRO).
- Custom Page Templates
- A new feature that allows saving any page’s current configuration as a template.
- Templates may be given custom names, and one of 12 different icons.
- Custom created templates may be deleted from the “Add New Page” menu.
Improvements & Alterations
- OLED 22 Gamma is much more accurate in the dark shadows.
- 4K Production Monitor SDI Deep Color and 4:4:4 support:
- SDI now supports 10/12-bit 4:4:4 RGB/YCC formats. This includes 12-bit 4:2:2, 12-bit 4:4:4 RGB/YCC, 10-bit 4:4:4:4 RGB/YCC, 10-bit 4:4:4 RGB/YCC for 1.5G, 3G, 6G, and 12G SDI.
- Bolt 4k RX Monitor Modules may now have their firmware upgraded through the SD Card. Firmware to be provided by Teradek.
- Monitors set to a “Custom Calibration” will now retain that configuration through a power cycle (4.6.0 bug).
- 4K Production Monitor SDI Metadata tool should now function appropriately.
- 4K Production Monitor Audio Meters should now function on SDI.
- Studio Mode brightness is no longer broken on OLED monitors. OLED 22 monitor brightness can now be lowered to have a 100 Nit white point. This should correspond to Studio Mode with a Fine Tune value of 50, the default Studio Mode value.
- Connect third party external recorders directly downstream of your source device (i.e. camera), not downstream of the monitor.