More personality and zero compromises — Mercury goes wherever your stories take you. Mercury Series feature full-frame coverage, a 1.5x squeeze ratio with enhanced bokeh, a dynamic geometric optical personality and warm vintage tones — all at half the size and weight of most pro anamorphic lenses.
the New Atlas Mercury Series 1.5x Full-Frame Anamorphic Lenses. Mercury Series is our brand new family of anamorphic lenses, designed to further connect cinematographers, directors, and filmmakers everywhere to the images they create.
We pushed the boundaries of the Mercury Series in optical and product design, balancing vintage character with modern sensor performance and designing these lenses to support every cinematographer in their lifelong pursuit of expressing their image-craft.
#atlasmercuryseries #mercuryseries #atlasanamorphic #atlaslensindia #fullframe
#anamorphiclens #atlasmercury #15xsqueezefactor #frontanamorphic #manuallenses
#atlaslensco #cinema #anamorphic #dp #cinematographer #filmmaker #primelens
#directorofphotography #cinescope #cinescopeindia #fullframelens #dop
- Full-frame sensor coverage with 1.5x anamorphic coefficient
- Aperture range from T2.2 – T16 for Mercury 42mm
- Lightweight and compact at half the size and weight of most pro anamorphic lenses – 42mm weighs 2.3lbs (1.1kg) and measures 4.4in (11.2cm) in length
- Exceptional optical performance with vintage geometric personality: Golden flares, pleasing barrel distortion, near-zero chromatic aberration
- Standardized gears and diameters with 95mm front diameter
- Arri PL mount
In addition to the ease of supporting multiple delivery aspects, the Mercury Series 1.5x optical design allows for many of the visual characteristics image-makers love about the traditional 2x cinemascope format (oblong oval bokeh, barrel distortion, shallow depth of field) while also allowing for a meaningful size and weight reduction in the overall physical product design. This results in an ideal balance of compact size, weight, optical performance, and professional-focused usability across a variety of productions.